This post may contain affiliate links
The last month
I have learned and applied that.
- I don’t have to know everything before I try.
- I don’t have to have it all figured out before I do it.
And listen to this one.
If I have never done something before, it’s okay to allow myself to be a beginner.
Allowing myself to be a beginner means:
During the first times/trials/days I do it
- It might suck.
- It might go wrong.
- It might feel hard.
- It might feel uncomfortable.
- I am going to make mistakes in the process.
- I should set realistic expectations.
- I should not compare myself to the others ahead of me, and I should understand that they started in the same place as I am now.
- When I feel jealous of the others ahead of me, I remind myself that if they succeeded, it means I can do it too; they’re here to act to what is possible.
And when I experience all this, I should pinch myself back and remind myself that I’m a beginner, and I’m human.
One thing I teach in my 1:1 emotions management coaching is how to accept all emotions, either negative or positive.
There is power in knowing how to self-regulate your emotions.
Honestly, I’m proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone and allowing myself to be a beginner.
I want you to learn from me, and #relate.
Look in your life and ask yourself:
Do you allow yourself to be a beginner?
Is there something that you want to do
Or want to achieve,
but you have never done it before?
And it scares you probably because you have never done it before.
That’s a human experience feeling.
But again, ask yourself, what if you allowed yourself to be a beginner?
And showed the same compassion you would show a friend who fails when they do something for the first time?
That is the question.
Say this loud.
“What if I allowed myself to be a beginner in —————”(the thing that you desire to have or do).
Please reply in the comments below and Let’s chat about what you want to be a beginner in.
If you found this useful, share it on social media or forward this to a friend. You never know who you will inspire to be a beginner.
Follow me on Instagram here
Don’t forget to join my email list where we send 1-2 emails a week about life coaching. If you enjoyed this post you will surely enjoy our email list more.