This post may contain affiliate links
We all go through tough times; in life, it’s inevitable.
Tough times are the day when you feel down on your luck, when it seems like nothing is going your way, or when you’re going through a difficult life event, like the death of a loved one or the loss of a job.
In those tough times, it may seem like nothing can help get you back on track.
That’s when I follow these three tips to get through hard periods in my life:
- Stick to a routine. Maintaining your to-do list during difficult times will give you purpose and help you make progress.
- Practice self-care. Being kind to yourself is one of the most important things to do when you’re down. (If you want extra tips and quotes about self-care, check out this article that I wrote).
- Reach out to loved ones. The support of friends and family will keep you from feeling alone when life is tough.
What I find also really helps me get back on my feet when I’m feeling low are inspirational quotes. Sometimes, all you need are a few uplifting words to give you the motivation to push through your troubles.
Here are my 15 favorite uplifting quotes for hard times:
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.”
– Leroy Satchel Paige
“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth”
“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
– Robert H Schuller
“Never give in. Never, never, never.”
– Winston Churchill
“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”
– Kenji Miyazawa
“Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita
“When the going gets tough – the tough get going!”
– John Belushi
“You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you’. See the positive in negative events.”
– Joel Osteen
“A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.”
“Once you’ve been through tough times, you can only become stronger.”
“Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.”
“I wouldn’t ever say if you’re having tough times then there must be something wrong with you or your attitude. Life’s a fight. It’s a good fight of faith. I encourage people to stay up, stay hopeful, stay faith-filled.”
– Joel Osteen
“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
– Joshua J. Marine
“Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.”
– Christopher Reeve
Hope truly is my saving grace in difficult times, and it can be yours, too. I believe that you can hang in there and get through these rough patches in life.
When the storm has passed, you’ll be stronger and smarter than you were before!
Other Great Quotes that you can check too
- 15 Uplifting Quotes to Comfort You Through Tough Times.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes About Life That will Change How You think.
- 10 Inspirational New Year Quotes For a Fresh Start.
- 15 Motivational Quotes for Success
- 15 Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Body.
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So.
- 15 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Sayings messages.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Being Lazy.
- 15 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Sh*t Done.
- 15 Never Give Up Quotes to Persevere Through Any Challenge in Life.
- 15 Best Inspirational Self-Love Quotes To Make You Love Yourself Even More.
- 15 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence.
- 15 Love Quotes To Express How You Feel On Days When You’re Lost For Words.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Procrastinating
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So
- 15 Powerful Quotes That Will Boost Your Productivity.
- 15 Quotes To Overcome Perfection Syndrome.
- 15 Motivational Quotes For When You Just Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
- 15 Amazing “Good Morning” Quotes to Help You Start the Day Right.
- 15 Self Care Quotes and Sayings to Show You The Importance of Looking After Yourself.